Career Diploma in Translation
Course Credits: 14.4 Credits
The Career Diploma in Translation is an intensive training certificate in translation. It raises learners’ awareness of the translation process, skills, and assessment as well as paradigms of intercultural communication. It introduces learners to the market of translation and prepares them for engaging with authentic translation tasks. It provides rigorous opportunities to work under the supervision of an experienced translator/instructor and learn from his guidance.
- Identify the different types of translation/interpreting
- Explain the differences between the different types of interpreting
- Identify the different text types
- Use terminology in various fields
- Use appropriate structures in various fields.
- Translate accurately different text types in various fields
- Explain the different paradigms in the market of translation
- Engage with the market of translation
- Create a translator’s portfolio
At least B1 in English and Arabic as determined by admission tests.
Learners who do not demonstrate language proficiency at ACTFL B1 or equivalent need to join tutoring courses. Tutoring courses are individualized courses designed to cater for each learner’s needs.
Learners must attend at least 75% of the sessions to pass the course.
Submission of assignments within the deadline is a must. No work will be accepted if submitted after the deadline. This is one of the most important ethics in the market of translation, and we observe it strictly.
Learners should produce and submit their own translations, i.e., a translation performed by the learner him/herself with or without the use of CAT tools.
- Lectures 48
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 144 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English / Arabic
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
E-Tools for Translators
CAT Tools for Translators
Subtitling and dubbing
Translator’s skills and Translation Assessment
Translation in World Organizations
Contrastive Stylistics for Translators
The Market of Translation